There is more than one way to use our Mumtaz Nihari Masala Spice Mix
Here’s an easy cooking tip for 7-8 shanks.
1) Stir fry 7-8 lamb or mutton shanks in 200g of oil for 5-7 minutes.
2) Add 4 tablespoons of ginger & garlic paste, fry for a further few minutes, then add 5 tablespoons of Mumtaz Nihari Masala and fry for a further few minutes, add 3 litres of hot water and bring to a boil & cover with lid, simmer for around 3 hours, stir occasionally.
3) Then see if the shanks are tender if not add more water and cook until tender.
4) Get some corn flour, dissolve in one glass of water and mix well. Then gradually add to gravy stir well and cook on high flame for about 7-10 minutes until gravy becomes thick.
5) Then cook until the gravy is at your desired consistency.
6) Garnish with freshly chopped coriander, fresh ginger shreds, green chillis and a few slices of lemon. Then enjoy the perfect Mumtaz Nihari at Home.